Acheson Cabin Restoration
The cabin is now open for viewing the extensive repairs that were done to help preserve this historic gem in our community.
Thank you so much for grants received from The Cheney Foundation, The Scott Silver Family Foundation, many generous individual donors, and the support of our community through memberships and attendance at our fund-raising events. Because of all of you, we are now able to begin the work needed to preserve one of Fox Island's historic gems.
After completing the most pressing needs of restoring the Acheson Cabin, we are now entering Phase 2.
We will be concentrating on the remaining areas in need of attention:
1) Chink the interior of the cabin with the same material as the exterior
2) Removal of rot and repair of entry door framing
3) Repair hole in siding shakes
4) Repair gap where floor meets the wall
5) Clean & treat shingles with preservative on one side of cabin
6) Repair attachment of stairs to entry
7) Add fascia board for future gutter placement
8) Obtain an estimate for the possibility of adding electricity
9) Replace one broken glass pane
Our goal is to preserve this wonderful historic building and maintain it as a functional asset to the community.
Thank you so much to those who have continued to donate to the cabin's restoration
October 28, 2017
Two events at the Museum!!!
Halloween for Children
1:00 - 3:00pm
(FREE events for Fox Island Children)
Trick-or-treat in costume
Crafts and games
Scary stories in the cabin
Octoberfest for Adults
6:00 - 8:00pm
Fox Island Brewery presentation
The History of Beer
Soft pretzels & snacks
$5 each for Members Only
Memberships will be available at the door
November 11th - 19th, Silent Auction
at the Museum
(one week only!!!!)
Saturday, December 2nd, 1PM - 4PM
Santa at the Museum